Review: Animation Creators

April 28th, 2022

By: Kyle Harvey


The creation of simple and entertaining animation videos can be the thing that takes your training or videography to the next level. I think the best use for animation videos is when you have step by step reminders that you are trying to teach, or you are creating a voice over video and don't want your viewers becoming bored while you talk over B-Roll. During this lesson we were asked to use and then review two different video animation software's. I chose to fulfill this request by using the websites Wideo and Vyond which were both fairly similar sites. 

The First animation that I created was with Vyond. I really enjoyed the amount of customization that Vyond allowed for and its professional quality. What I did not enjoy about Vyond is how much restricted access it places on the user. In order to download or share an animation the user has to "upgrade" their subscription which is no small ask since the cheapest subscription available is $299. I was forced to use a screen recorder to place animation in the blog. 

Animation Created with Vyond:


The Second animation I created was through Wideo. This animation generator was great for my purposes due to the wide range of templates it provided. Additionally, I was able to share created content without upgrading my subscription level. I'm more likely to use a system like Wideo than I would Vyond because of the wide-ranging number of templates available. 

Animation Created with Wideo:












Overall, I would recommend Wideo due to templates and its intuitive plug and play user experience. Vyond is great for making truly customized animations and would be more recommended for a business rather than a student. 

Comments

Total Pageviews

Popular posts from this blog

Software Review: QR Generators