Software Review: QR Generators

April 28th, 2022 

By Kyle Harvey


    QR codes have been around in some form since 1994 and were created by the Japanese automotive company Denso Wave. QR Codes can be used to send text messages, scan digital menus, link to websites, and much more! During this lesson I was asked to choose two different free online QR generators and write a small review of each along the QR created. 

The First website I used to generate my QR code was the website provided by our instructor which was QR Code Generator. To get started making my QR code I was required to sign up for the site which involved providing my email address and responding to an activation email. After signing up I was given instant access to making QR codes for a wide range of options including websites, YouTube videos, and images. Below is the working QR code I was able to create!












The next website that I utilized to create my second QR Code was QR Generator. This website was nearly identical to the first website posted above and honestly; this makes it difficult to draw a stark comparison between the two sites. I would say the first website offered more personalization options which this site was simpler to get started creating. This is because QR Generator doesn't require individuals to create account and gives them instant access to create and download QR codes. Below is the QR code I generated using this website. 











Overall Experience: 

I would recommend either one of these sites! If you don't like creating accounts on websites and you want to get a QR code and move on, then go with QR Generator, but if you like the establishment and like more customizations go with QR Code Generator. 



Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Total Pageviews